Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of year 2011

Well, I'm not really ready to end this year. I still have a massive trip review w/ photos to post. I will be doing it...but not sure if it will post properly - time sequentially, I mean. Oh well. Like anyone really reads this anyway! LOL


Okay. Today has been a GREAT day! I have gotten tons accomplished and have been feeling very productive. We slept in until 7am, okay actually it was almost 7:30 by the time I rolled out. 3 loads of laundry sorted, washed folded and put away. Also did some moving of items around in the laundry room. Cleaned out some stuff in the 'too full' freezer upstairs and put in the downstairs freezer. This will help to see what is actually IN the upstairs freezer! Cleaned the bathroom, including washing all the towels and putting them back in there. Did dishes..yes, I was very lazy last night and did not get them done. OH well. :-)

We had lunch, watched some TV, took a short snooze, and played on the computer. I also got all the way through Tracy's blog & photos from her Europe trip last year. Loving reading her blog!! I can totally identify with her about sometimes being crabby on vacation and with having to find public restrooms all the time! Seriously, I feel like I know her, although I'm just someone who stumbled across her blogs. Do you think anyone will ever feel that way about my blog(s)?  Like they know me, only they don't? ::wishing::

Tomorrow is 1-1-12. We are going to Turning Stone and playing Bingo tomorrow night and on Monday. I'm hoping to win so I can buy a new computer. We haven't been since early October. That is so not like us.We were not able to get our standard 'free' room, (apparently all out of 'coupon rooms', so we had to splurge on a Handicapped room. I guess we can pay for a room once a year there. Will be nice. We could have stayed at the Microtel about a mile down the roam for about 1/2 price, however that is a lot of in and out of the car w/ wheelchair now.

Update on that situation. We went to Dr. appts. on Thursday 12/29/11 for a nerve study and xrays. Found out from the nerve study that there is some activity below the knee, but not above. Meaning they don't know any more now than before. It COULD heal and be fine, they just don't know at this point. Then we saw Brian Dillenbeck and checked out the new xrays. The fractures are healing nicely, as they should. Two more months of no weight on that leg. Brian did say that Mark can take off the brace so that he can begin bending his knee and gave him this band to do Physical Therapy on this foot to stimulate the muscles in the leg and foot. Next appointment is in a month - end of January.
Fun Fun Fun. not.

Okay - our exciting meal of frozen pizza is ready. We will watch fireworks out the kitchen window around 9:30pm. Yep, that's an exciting New Years Eve, party of 2, when you get old like us! (okay, only early 50s, but we sure do feel really old this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment